Voluntary Student Accident Insurance Application

Notice of Availability of
Voluntary Student Accident Insurance Coverage

     Enrollment information for this voluntary accident insurance coverage can be found below or at www.k12studentinsurance.com or by clicking on the above link.  There are several coverage options to choose from, such as for accidents that happen only during the school day, accidents that may occur at any time or anywhere 24 hours/7 days a week, or for interscholastic sports only.

     Please know that the Ouachita Parish School System is not responsible for the payment of medical treatment for accidents that occur while your student is at school or when participating in school activities or events.  As a parent or guardian, you are responsible for these costs.   We know accidents do happen which is why we are providing the opportunity to families to purchase voluntary accident insurance. 

     If your student is not covered for accidents under any other medical or health insurance plan or you would like to supplement existing coverage, you may enroll in this coverage by:

1. Applying online and paying with a credit card at www.k12studentinsurance.com or at their link above.  Be sure to select the Ouachita Parish School Board under the State of Louisiana;


 2.     Download and complete the application form in the list below, write a check or money order to QBE Insurance Corporation,and mail all to:

The Young Group, Inc.

256 West Millbrook Road

Raleigh, NC 27609

     You may apply for this coverage at any time during the school year.  Please contact The Young Group directly at (888) 574-6288 or (919) 846-9798, or by emailing info@youngroup.biz  with any questions you may have regarding this voluntary accident insurance coverage.

     If you need to file a claim, please download or print the claim form in the list below, and complete, sign and mail the claim form.

Note:  Accident coverage offered through this plan is a not intended to meet the minimum essential health plan requirements of the Patient Protection and Affordability Care Act (PPACA).  If you are needing health coverage that meets the minimum essential health plan requirements of PPACA, it is recommended that you contact your employer, your local insurance agent or visit www.healthcare.gov to find out about other health insurance options available.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.