If you are 14-17 years old, you will need a student work permit. Here are steps to follow:
- Obtain a copy of the “Application to Employ Minors Form” from LAWorks.net or pick one up from an issuing office. (see list below)
- Give the form to your prospective employer to complete. After it’s filled out, have a parent or legal guardian sign the form.
- Take the completed form, along with proof of age, to the issuing office to apply for an employment certificate.
- Bring the original employment certificate to your new employer.
Issuing Offices and Officers:
- Ouachita Parish High – Janice Ivey, Guidance Secretary
- Richwood High – Shawanda Smith, Teacher
- Sterlington High – Connie Kosik, Secretary
- West Monroe High – Aletha Thompson, Secretary
- West Ouachita High – Renee Redding, Teacher
- Child Welfare & Attendance – Denise Scott, Administrative Assistant